Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
As part of our fast paced and dynamic FP&A team in Paris, you will help produce reliable and insightful financial data and reports in order to ensure Back Market’s financial health and growth and help structure our process.Your Mission (If You Accept It):
▪ You will participate in the preparation of monthly reporting including operational KPIs and company’s financials, Board of Directors materials & other ad hoc analysis
▪ You will help enhance the company processes whose objective are to deliver robust financial information and dashboards through the design and implementation of adequate toolsYour Profile:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Master’s Degree in Finance (or equivalent) + seeking for an end-of-studies internship (with at least a first 6-month internship in Corporate Finance and / or Audit)
- English & French are a no brainer for you
- You have prior internship experiences in Finance in a corporate / start-up environment / Audit
- You have excellent command of MS Office tools with Excel in particular
- Your school must be able to provide you with Internship Agreement, a.k.a Convention du Stage
- You are looking to start your internship in January (or February) 2022
- You have the permit to do your internship in France (our offices - Paris / Bordeaux)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with ability to synthesize conclusions.
- Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented.
- Fantastic and reliable team player with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Energetic and Eager to learn, you have a strong interest in the online and e-commerce environment and are not afraid of working in a demanding hyper growth environment.
- 1. How can I best prepare for the interviews?
Research. There’s blogs, there’s social media accounts, there’s a lot to discover and, believe us, that information will not go unnoticed in the interviews.
Practice. It’s not a secret that a question “please introduce yourself” is something that will be the start of many interviews and this is surely something you can prep for, it will ease your stress!
- 2. How do I know which team I’ll be allocated to? Which city? (relevant for non-specific roles)
In order to confuse you less, we will do the allocation on our end. Each candidate is different & each team has a different need for a set of skills. Roles are flexible for either Paris or Bordeaux, so this will be a decision on your end.
- 3. What is the application & recruitment process?
The application is straight forward - you attach your CV and answer some filtering questions. You choose the language you prefer to use in the conversations, except the initial call with HR. The rest of the process:
- 30 min HR call with the recruiter (in English);
- 48 hours to work on a technical test;
- 45 minutes for a technical interview;
- 45 minutes for an interview with the hiring manager;
- 4. Is the internship paid? What else is in the package?
Yes, indeed, the internships are paid. You also get meal vouchers, 6 days off throughout the 6 months & support for public transport expenses. And some discounts on Back Market’s platform, bien sûr!
- 5. How are the interviews conducted?
Phone call with the recruiter and then video calls (we use Zoom!).
- 6. How are you dealing with the pandemic?
We coordinate the capacity of our offices to be careful & respectful to the national recommendations. Currently we are coming 2x/week to the office & constantly adapt to whatever the latest recommendations are. Internships cannot be full-remote (unless absolutely necessary due to the pandemic).WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.