Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
💥 The season is open for Internships in #data & #analytics for January 2022!
Great news - we are opening our campaign for January Interns 2022 and since you're here we bet you're curious about working in the analytical side of the business - be a part of projects and teams that need your insights, support in business decisions and make the world go round! Why not become a Saboteur and learn from the best at Back Market?What's in it for you?
You will be able to build something you're proud of, not to mention you will be a part of something that is inspiring by itself - a sustainability driven business model. Our internship program will challenge you by giving you ownership of dedicated projects and the space to start your own initiatives to completion with the support of the managers & the team.Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for dreamers that are makers, people that want to make a change, that are eager to learn, grow and make things happen. If on top of that you have an itch for technology, the circular economy, and are a team player you will feel the vibe with us.You have the ability to join in one of the following functions:
- Business Intelligence (use your Tableau, Power BI and/or SQL knowledge for the greener world)
- Quality Data Insights
- Customer Care process development
Frequently Asked Questions:
- You're studying a program related to Business & you're looking for a gap year / end of study internship
- English is a no brainer for you (it's our work-language!)
- You have at least 6 months of internship experience in Data/Analytics in a corporate / start-up environment
- Your school must be able to provide you with Internship Agreement, a.k.a Convention du Stage
- You are looking to start your internship in January (or February) 2022
- You have the permit to do your internship in France (our offices - Paris / Bordeaux)
- 1. How can I best prepare for the interviews?
Research. There’s blogs, there’s social media accounts, there’s a lot to discover and, believe us, that information will not go unnoticed in the interviews.
Practice. It’s not a secret that a question “please introduce yourself” is something that will be the start of many interviews and this is surely something you can prep for, it will ease your stress!
- 2. How do I know which team I’ll be allocated to? Which city?
In order to confuse you less, we will do the allocation on our end. Each candidate is different & each team has a different need for a set of skills. Roles are flexible for either Paris or Bordeaux, so this will be a decision on your end.
- 3. What is the application & recruitment process?
The application is straight forward - you attach your CV and answer some filtering questions. You choose the language you prefer to use in the conversations, except the initial call with HR. The rest of the process:
- 30 min HR call with the recruiter (in English);
- 48 hours to work on a technical test;
- 45 minutes for a technical interview;
- 45 minutes for an interview with the hiring manager;
- 4. Is the internship paid? What else is in the package?
Yes, indeed, the internships are paid. You also get meal vouchers, 6 days off throughout the 6 months & support for public transport expenses. And some discounts on Back Market’s platform, bien sûr!
- 5. How are the interviews conducted?
Phone call with the recruiter and then video calls (we use Zoom!).
- 6. How are you dealing with the pandemic?
We coordinate the capacity of our offices to be careful & respectful to the national recommendations. Currently we are coming 2x/week to the office & constantly adapt to whatever the latest recommendations are. Internships cannot be full-remote (unless absolutely necessary due to the pandemic).WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.