PlayPlay is a B2B SaaS scale-up who is leading the video creation revolution in Europe.
Our mission: to reinvent the way businesses do visual storytelling. How? By empowering in-house communication, marketing and HR teams create the most impactful type of content: video.
Founded in 2017 in Paris, we are one of the most promising, up-and-coming European companies. In the span of one year, we grew exponentially from 50 to 150 employees and from 200 to 1,500 customers—including brands like Schneider Electric, Chanel, and the OECD.
With an innovative product that evolves quickly based on our customer and market needs, we have an effective go-to-market strategy and a very high level of customer satisfaction. And that's just the beginning!
The video industry has enormous potential and we’re opening international offices to serve the new markets that we’re entering. We’re putting together the best tech & product teams in order to continuously build an amazing video storytelling platform.
We’re backed by top investors from Balderton (Revolut, Aircall) and Point9 (Loom, Zendesk) who are helping us set foot to become the global leader of video creation. And to get there, we’re after the best talent on the market!
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll join the PlayPlay tech team to ship a world-class product with a world-class team.
Your mission will be to drive the implementation of major product successes on the technical side and to grow the PlayPlay Tech team to unleash its full potential. These will contribute to make PlayPlay a world-class leader in video creation!
You’re a seasoned engineering manager? You’re looking for a place where product performance is core to the business? You’re eager to work on a truly innovative product?
Do not hesitate, apply!
YOUR MISSIONS 💪
Product Roadmap & Priorisation
- Participate in technical strategy and execution plan associated with product strategy.
- Leverage your software engineering culture, data, and tools to build a holistic view - performance, delivery, quality, technical debt.
Grow the engineering team
- Coach and grow your managees through one-ones, quarterly and yearly objectives (~ 15 people).
- Handle team members’ career - Recruitment, Onboarding, Compensation, Growth, Offboarding.
- Maintain PlayPlay culture by fostering a fun, healthy, and collaborative team dynamic.
Build tech culture internally and externally
- Stay tuned with the tech ecosystem whether on tools & technology or on organization and processes to continuously challenge the status quo.
- Participate actively in our engineering community to improve our processes, workflows, tools and work towards an optimal developer XP.
WANT TO JOIN PLAYPLAY? GET READY TO... 🚀
- Join a hyper-growth scale-up where you’ll be able to work on a huge variety of projects and benefit from rapid development opportunities. 🌱
- Work with a simple and fun product that allows thousands of users to create THE format that everyone wants to see: video. 🎥
- Learn from amazing colleagues in a friendly work environment that thrives on ambition, dynamism, humility, transparency and teamwork.
- Participate in all the activities organised by our incredible Happiness Team (Blindtest, concerts, collective sports sessions, seminars, etc). ❤️
- Enjoy the offices in the heart of Paris, in the Sentier (75002).
- Work remotely, under conditions.
OUR VALUES 🤩
- Creative: We don’t like to take ourselves too seriously — and we take this very seriously! Having fun and expressing our creativity is essential to what we do. We’re proud to do things differently at PlayPlay, where everyone gets the chance to innovate, craft, and make it happen.
- User-first: Our customers are at the ❤️ of everything we do because a product is nothing without its users. So, we listen. We improve the platform. We listen again. And while we build the software, we build relationships — all with a personal PlayPlay touch
- United: At PlayPlay, there are no egos. We’re motivated by what we can achieve together. Cross-team projects are our specialty and we support each other at every opportunity. With mutual respect, honest communication, and transparency, we come together to share our expertise and achieve our collective goals.
- Ambitious: Yes, we’re humble as individuals. But together, we’re dreaming big. We’re not afraid to go fast and take risks: if Plan A doesn’t work, we go to Plan B, and so on.
- Committed: We each take ownership of our subjects and put our personalities into our work. As a group of passionate individuals, PlayPlayers are prepared to give it all for the team. We expect the best from each other, but first, we expect the best from ourselves.
YOU'RE THE PERFECT MATCH IF... 🎯
- You have 5 years minimum of experience as an engineering manager.
- You have a strong software development culture.
- You are a Master of agile and organizational topics.
- You are fond of innovating projects.
- You are used to rely on cloud infrastructure - AWS, GCP, Azure.
YOU'D REALLY BE EXTRA AWESOME IF... ❤️
- You're a team player, and you’re convinced that there is no solution without a team.
- You're curious, and you’re eager to learn and to be confronted with innovative topics.
- You're a self-starter who’s solution-oriented, strategic, passionate, and thoughtful about your work.
- You have an organized and ambitious mindset to follow the development of the team.
- You are eager to be part of a fun and fast-paced environment.
- Phone interview with Gilliane, our Head of People.
- Interview with Florent, our CTO.
- Technical Interview with Alexandre, our Architect.
- Culture Interview.
- People Interview & CEO Interview.
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Location:Paris, France (75002)
- Education Level:Master's Degree
- Experience:> 10 years
- Possible partial remote