PlayPlay is a B2B SaaS scale-up who is leading the video creation revolution in Europe.
Our mission: to reinvent the way businesses do visual storytelling. How? By empowering in-house communication, marketing and HR teams create the most impactful type of content: video.
Founded in 2017 in Paris, we are one of the most promising, up-and-coming European companies. In the span of one year, we grew exponentially from 50 to 150 employees and from 200 to 1,500 customers—including brands like Schneider Electric, Chanel, and the OECD.
With an innovative product that evolves quickly based on our customer and market needs, we have an effective go-to-market strategy and a very high level of customer satisfaction. And that's just the beginning!
The video industry has enormous potential and we’re opening international offices to serve the new markets that we’re entering. We’re putting together the best tech & product teams in order to continuously build an amazing video storytelling platform.
We’re backed by top investors from Balderton (Revolut, Aircall) and Point9 (Loom, Zendesk) who are helping us set foot to become the global leader of video creation. And to get there, we’re after the best talent on the market!
As a Product Ops Manager, you’ll join PlayPlay product team (1 VP Product, 6 PMs, 4 product designers, 3 trainees) to define, craft, and ship a world-class product. You’ll report directly to the VP of Product. You’ll help the product team to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible. You’ll facilitate the easy communication and sharing of resources and data between teams.
YOUR MISSIONS 💪
Tools and process Optimization
- Manage the product tool stack & processes and establish best practices
- Own relationship with partners and vendors
- Maintain all tools clean and organized for easy and effective use by other members of the product team
Build Qualitative and Quantitative Feedback Loop
- Maintain data integrity, cleanliness and organization
- Perform data analysis to inform product decisions by reconciling data from sales, marketing, csm, product, NPS, etc.
- Watch Hotjar sessions and share replays to highlight interesting behaviors to the rest of the team
- Develop tools and processes to collect and aggregate larger volumes of customer feedbacks coming from different sources
Scale Product Knowledge
- Help on research projects by keeping track of all experiments, helping on recruitment, streamline implementation & documentation of experiments
- Actively contribute and manage our competitive watch
- Make sure that product knowledge is shared between our squads
Communication and product culture
- Improve presentation and discoverability of roadmap updates, release notes, product documentation, design assets, etc.
- Collaborate with our product marketing teams to create GTM materials
- Contribute content and training to help level-up the overall product knowledge internally
WHAT WE OFFER 🚀
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up!
- A unique product-oriented working environment: at PlayPlay we want to have the best product in the world and we believe that our best sales team should be our product itself (product bible with our mission, strategy, values and operating system is available upon request when you come for an interview)
- A unique customer-centric working environment : at PlayPlay we have created a unique culture around our users (we’ve talked about our customer centricity culture at a conference, slide deck is available upon request when you come for an interview)
- The ability to work on a truly innovative product
- The ability to work and grow among an incredible team
- A prime location in the Sentier (Paris city center)
OUR VALUES 🤩
- Creative: We don’t like to take ourselves too seriously — and we take this very seriously! Having fun and expressing our creativity is essential to what we do. We’re proud to do things differently at PlayPlay, where everyone gets the chance to innovate, craft, and make it happen.
- User-first: Our customers are at the ❤️ of everything we do because a product is nothing without its users. So, we listen. We improve the platform. We listen again. And while we build the software, we build relationships — all with a personal PlayPlay touch
- United: At PlayPlay, there are no egos. We’re motivated by what we can achieve together. Cross-team projects are our specialty and we support each other at every opportunity. With mutual respect, honest communication, and transparency, we come together to share our expertise and achieve our collective goals.
- Ambitious: Yes, we’re humble as individuals. But together, we’re dreaming big. We’re not afraid to go fast and take risks: if Plan A doesn’t work, we go to Plan B, and so on.
- Committed: We each take ownership of our subjects and put our personalities into our work. As a group of passionate individuals, PlayPlayers are prepared to give it all for the team. We expect the best from each other, but first, we expect the best from ourselves.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a product manager, or related roles in software development and project management
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have a natural ability to get things done. You qualify as an “achiever” and you know how to prioritize your to-do
- You have experience driving complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- You have excellent communication skills in English to engage with all stakeholders within the company
About you ❤️
- Full of empathy for users
- Eager to be part of a fun, fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who’s solution-oriented, strategic, passionate and thoughtful about their work
- Organized and ambitious mindset to follow the development of the team
If you want to learn more about us ❤️
If you're curious to meet the team and know more about how we work, check out our dedicated
- Phone Interview with Gilliane, Head of People.
- Experience Interview with Pauline, VP Product.
- Home Assignment with Pauline, VP Product.
- Culture Interview.
- People Interview.
- CEO Interview.
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Location:Paris, France (75002)
- Education Level:Master's Degree
- Experience:> 2 years