At Sparkmate, we believe that time to market is the key when launching a new product or a new business!
We are building up a team of product lovers and innovators to help entrepreneurs jump from an idea to an outstanding product as quickly as possible. We are a tribe with a wide range of skills, and we build products in matters of weeks rather than months, from fully digital to fully physical products, including complex IoT.
Sparkmate was born in 2020, growing in the context of a pandemic! To date, we haven't (and do not plan to) brought outside financing into the company. We are playing the long term game and will build something legendary, our plans go far beyond what anyone would imagine! After helping many clients in Europe develop their product, we’re now on our way to expanding our horizons and building a truly international company with hubs all around the world! We are assembling a team of rockstars to help us make this legend an amazing reality!
🧱 How we build it
- We are global: We thrive to be global and grow in diversity. As of today, we are present in 4 countries, speak more than 10 languages and have 8 nationalities in the team
- We are a tribe: Our flat structure calls for a shared and distributed leadership. Being a leader may feel unnatural at first, but we believe and have been proven true that anyone can step up and own parts of a project. We are a team, we act like teammates and we call out anyone who does the opposite.
- We are doers: We’re given an incredible amount of freedom and autonomy at Sparkmate. That goes for everyone, from interns on up. We trust you to figure out how to approach a problem.
- Rocking Fridays: every Friday is dedicated to the team, we don't work for clients. Team building, talks with amazing guests who share their knowledge and experience, crazy internal projects... every friday is different but the main purpose is learning and growing
✨ About the team
Sparkmate is designed for ambitious people who want to power the most innovative projects in the world! We are looking for passionate people with a team-player mindset, strong expertise and, above all, the ability to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment.
Our team is focused on providing the best product development experience to our clients, from understanding their needs and challenging their ideas, to building the best prototype and product we could imagine! We are incredibly diversified with lots of different expertises, from mechanics experts to cloud development wizards.
As part of the web and mobile tribe (the software track as we call it! ), you’ll be bringing to life digital products, web platforms, mobile apps and more, often interacting with physical products. You’ll have the responsibility to ensure the development velocity and keeping a smooth communication with our clients, while working on improving the quality of our deliverables and standards, from UX design to technical architecture.
Some of the products we have brought to life:
- : A connected and shared lock for secure bike parking in cities. From 0 to industrialization
- : Mechanical benches for performance testing of a very innovative inflatable helmet to protect bikers.
- : A virtual reality collaborative platform that allows creative teams, production and customers to work together.
- : A photo based marketplace for professionals photographers
- : Machines for pastry and food 3D printing
You should consider joining us if this sounds exiciting to you:
- You like to work in a high paced and exciting environment, we’re working in milestones of 5 weeks in which we go through ideation, conception and development.
- You’re comfortable with asynchronous communication and English as you’ll be working with other teammates from different nationalities and in different locations.
- You’re comfortable working in autonomy, owning your scope of work while collaborating on some parts of the projects and to make Sparkmate grow
- You enjoy flexibility in your work, with flexible hours and partial remote possible.
- You value learning as much as we do! We dedicate all our Fridays to fun side-projects, we have a system of continuous training and events to make everyone learn and grow.
- You'll be joining our team in the French hub 🇫🇷, but working gloablly with all our teammates no matter their location
We have a clear and transparent remuneration scheme at Sparkmate, that takes the form of:
- a monthly salary,
- a yearly annual sharing
- some incentive in the company.
We base our remuneration system on Ownership and Experience level.
Our salary range goes from 35.4k and 84k EUR per year.
🎯 What we expect from you
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Contribute to product design and technical architecture design and conception
- Consistently ship and be owner of your features, while collaborating hand-in-hand on pluridisciplinary projects
- Interact and collaborate with clients and projects leads
- Recognize roadblocks to our efficiency as a team, propose and advocate improvements solutions
🥞 Tech stack
Think about products and systems and break them down into subsystems that you’ll be able to develop. We work mostly with:
- NodeJS, Typescript
- Google Cloud
- MongoDB / PostgreSQL
However, languages and technologies can be learned! We value much more about your product development approach and general engineering skills than specific knowledge of NodeJS or Typescript.
It’s okay if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we’re ready to give you the keys to succeed at Sparkmate if we feel you’re a great fit!
Ready to join us ?
One last word about our hiring process. It typically follows a 6 steps process:
- Application through WelcomeKit: Portfolio mandatory and a word about your motivation to join us (tell us why you think you could be a great fit!)
- Personality tests
- Call with the founders
- Call with one teammate
- Product and tech interview
- Optional: One day in one of our hubs
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Start Date:01 August 2021
- Location:Paris, France ()
- Occasional remote authorized
- Salary:between 35000€ and 85000€ / year